77th in the world and first UK university to be rated as 5 Stars Plus overall (QS World University Rankings 2021).
Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth oldest university in the English-speaking world. We are one of the top 100 of the world's universities.
The University of Glasgow:
• Is one of the ancient University in the world
• Welcomes students from more than 140 countries worldwide
• Is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities
• Is a founding member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education
• Is a founding member of The Guild of European Research-Intensive Universities
has strategic partnerships with the Universities of Columbia, Hong Kong, McGill and Sydney
• Notable Alumni: Nicola Sturgeon - The First Minister of Scotland
• Nobel Laureates, includes among its alumni, the father of economics Adam Smith, the inventor of Steam- Enginee; James Watt, The Modern of Antiseptic: Joseph Lister (now known as LISTERINE), Scotland’s architect of devolution Donald Dewar and renowned physicist and engineer Lord Kelvin.
3rd in UK – Accounting and Finance, 4th in UK – Electrical Engineering and 7th in UK - Law (Complete University Guide 2017).