The origins of Kaunas University of Technology - 1922 February 16 The University of Lithuania and its technical faculties were established in Kaunas.
The idea of Lithuanian science, which was cherished here, was continued in later periods - 1950-1990. Kaunas Polytechnic Institute (KPI) was the first independent technical school in Lithuania famous for its ultrasound and vibratory laboratories and textile research.
After 1990, after regaining its status as a university, KTU took a rapid path of study and scientific reform. The University continues to strive for a harmonious partnership between science, business and industry in developing and implementing new ideas, innovations and inventions.
Since 1922 Over 153,000 graduates have graduated from the university.