Photo by Iñaki del Olmo via Unsplash
LOTUS+ (Linking Organizations Through University Synergies) project is an Erasmus Mundus Action Two Partnership (EMA2) of European and South-East Asian Higher Education Institutions (HEI) and Associations aiming at fostering mutual enrichment and better understanding between the EU and South-East Asia through the exchange of persons, knowledge and skills at higher education level. This programme offers mobility at all level of studies (Undergraduate students, Masters students, PhD candidates, Post-doctoral researchers, academics and administrative staff).
The scholarships are open to all academic fields (except music, arts and language studies).
Who can apply to this programme?
Asian students who want to participate in mobility to the EU:
- Must be a national of one of Asian countries covered by the lot: China, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam and Indonesia.
- Must have not resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the eligible European countries at the time of submitting their application to the partnership. This rule does not apply to candidates in a vulnerable situation.
- Must have sufficient knowledge of the language of the courses or of one of the languages currently spoken in the hosting countries.
- There are different categories of possible candidates. If your current situation is in accordance with the scenarios here below, then you are eligible to apply
- You are registered/enrolled in one of the partner universities in the project at the moment of application.
- You are registered in a university in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Myanmar, Thailand or Vietnam at the moment of application.
- You are already working and you have a higher education degree from one of the 6 countries involved.
- You are currently unemployed, but you have a higher education degree from one of the 6 countries involved.
What does this scholarship programme cover?
LOTUS+ scholarship covers monthly subsistence allowances as below:
- 1,000 € for Undergraduate/Masters
- 1,500 € for PhD
- 1,800 € for Post-Doc
- 2,500 € for Staff
They also cover health insurance, tuition fee, travel cost (one return ticket) and other costs related to the scholarship such as residence permit (visa), transport to and from airport, etc.
How to apply?
After checking which target group you belong in, if you meet their eligibility criteria, the available scholarships and their duration, you can fill their application form in their official site.