The EU Delegation to Indonesia and Brunei is based in Jakarta. Its mission is to promote the interests of the European Union (EU) and to build ever closer ties between the EU and Indonesia, and between the EU and Brunei.
The Head of the EU Delegation to Indonesia and Brunei acts as an Ambassador in both countries.
The EU Delegation is involved in a range of activities with Indonesia and Brunei. Its main roles in both countries are to:
- present and explain EU policies (e.g. trade, agriculture, fisheries, environment, transport, and health and safety);
- analyse and report on policies and developments in the two countries;
- build partnerships with government and other decision-makers, business, academics, media and civil society;
- promote democracy, good governance and respect for human rights;
- facilitate trade and investment relations;
- coordinate and support activities of EU countries;
- run substantive development cooperation programmes in support of economic and human development, governance, education and environmental protection;
- create awareness and improve understanding about the EU and promote people-to-people contacts;
- conduct negotiations.